Posted By: helen.c another biopsy - 06-23-2014 09:00 PM
Tomorrow I am having a biopsy on the floor of my mouth, I have been telling the Docs for months about the pain in my mouth and the difficulty eating, they did a previous biopsy but on the edge of my graft which does appear white but has been like that since my original surgery.

Now the Doc says yes there is a fissure, but they wanted to do the biopsy under a general anaesthetic but due to my previous medical history they have said they will try to do it with a local anaesthetic, I feel like a guinea pig.

Positive vibes needed, thank you.
Posted By: PaulB Re: another biopsy - 06-23-2014 09:10 PM
Good luck Helen, and a positive outcome!
Posted By: Uptown Re: another biopsy - 06-23-2014 09:37 PM
Sending them your way, my dear. I hope you had a great time of relaxation. Big hugs to you!
Posted By: tamvonk Re: another biopsy - 06-24-2014 12:04 AM
Hi Helen. I just want to add my good wishes and to send you heaps of positive vibes and thoughts.
Tammy
Posted By: Gabe Re: another biopsy - 06-24-2014 12:33 AM
Best wishes and positive vibes for clear results on your biopsy.
Gabriele
Posted By: gmcraft Re: another biopsy - 06-24-2014 12:43 AM
All the positive vibes I can muster crossing the pond to you.
Posted By: Bart Re: another biopsy - 06-24-2014 04:33 PM
I too am sending all the positive vibes I and find, and generating some as I write! All the best to you, Helen,

Bart

Posted By: helen.c Re: another biopsy - 06-24-2014 04:50 PM
Thanks everyone, the procedure went ok, this Doc is a good surgeon, but he couldn't stitch it so I have a large hole in the floor of my mouth which as you all know will have to get worse before it starts to heal. Still I have mouthwash and lignocaine gel to ensure I can eat!

I have to wait until the 21st of July to get the results going to be a long 3 and a half weeks.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: another biopsy - 06-25-2014 04:28 AM
Fingers crossed its nothing
Posted By: helen.c Re: another biopsy - 07-21-2014 07:02 PM
Biopsy results today.

Low grade dysplasia, normally they would just monitor but because the floor of my mouth won't heal they want to operate.

Before that can happen they need to liaise with the anaesthetist, the original tracie damaged my trachea and I needed a tracheal resection so I need to be sure of all risk factors' so back on the 18th of August for a review with the Docs.

Thanks all for the positive vibes.
Posted By: Uptown Re: another biopsy - 07-21-2014 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear you will have to go through surgery, Helen. I know it's not the desired solution, but it sounds like it's the best route to go. Sending you some positive vibes wrapped around some hugs.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: another biopsy - 07-22-2014 12:46 PM
Do keep us posted.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: another biopsy - 07-22-2014 07:58 PM
Aw, Helen! Im so sorry you have yet another surgery to go thru. Luckily it is not cancer, just dysplasia. Your team is on the ball catching it early.

Best wishes with everything!
Posted By: helen.c Re: another biopsy - 09-01-2014 06:21 PM
Now very fed up!

Two docs agreed on a treatment plan, then when I went back to arrange the op date, got another Doc who said they were both wrong!

So now I had a tooth and bridge removed on Saturday.. He had better be correct I liked having a back tooth.

Back in a month to see if the floor of my mouth has healed, if not, I have no idea what they will do next.

Today I went to the Lupus clinic, I was told I have protein in my urine, so now I need a ultrasound of my kidneys.
Posted By: Uptown Re: another biopsy - 09-02-2014 01:28 AM
Well, crap, Helen. I'm sorry to hear all this and all I can do is hope 1 of them is right and gets this behind you soon.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum