Posted By: lvredrock Mouth Pain - 03-03-2009 08:42 AM
I need some advice on what is going on with my mouth and need to know if anyone has gone through this.

I have been cancer free for 1 � years now. In the last 2 months I have done 30 HBOT, 6 implants place in on 12/30, two teeth pulled, bridge and so far 10 teeth capped.

In the last month I have noticed that my mouth is very sensitive to foods again. If I eat anything that has too much spice in it, I go into burning feeling in my mouth. I can not use ketchup, mustard, mayo and even salt. Even my tooth paste cause mouth pain.

I was talking to my sister who work for a dentist and she thinks because of the HBOT it increase my sensitive.

Or

Could it be cause by stress, found out 3 weeks ago my job is coming to end and looking at being transfer to a new state.

If anyone has any advice please let me know.

Thanks
Posted By: Tammy63 Re: Mouth Pain - 03-03-2009 09:23 AM
I think you need to ask Brian Hill this is his field. He is one of the top posters here on this site. You are at the right place for advice.
Take Care
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Mouth Pain - 03-03-2009 11:56 AM
By your own admission your mouth has endured a lot of trauma in the past 2 1/2 months so perhaps you need to give it more time to recover before you get concerned. Heck it took all of 2 years for my mouth to recovery from my Tx so by my standards you weren't fully recovered from your cancer Tx before they attacked your mouth again.

I doubt the HBO Tx's have anything to do with it as their function is to promote faster healing by forcing more O2 into the cells but I'm not any sort of expert on that topic.

There are many on this site that have had HBO so maybe they can shed some light on that topic.
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: Mouth Pain - 03-17-2009 09:21 PM
Another Thought? Could be THRUSH .. When I get this my mouth is very sensitive... Burns and such... So you might want to check on that.. We are prone to this due to Dry Mouth..

Hope this might help
Diane
Posted By: Andrea Re: Mouth Pain - 03-22-2009 05:17 PM
I have experienced the same sort of mouth symptoms you have. It got so bad that I went through the whole biopsy, CT/PET scan routine again to see if I had a recurrence. They assured me I did not, but that the biopsied pieces of tissue we sent in showed "radiation changes". I am 2 years out from my radiation therapy, and have noticed a couple of things that may play into the pain. I have some scar tissue at the back of my tongue that is very sore whenever I talk or yawn or otherwise move my tongue. I have also noticed that the numb places on my neck and ear from the surgery have become enervated again, I can feel sensation on this side my neck exactly as I can on the other side. It is possible that the tightening in the scarred area of the tongue and the renewed sensation in the area have combined to give yet another gift of oral cancer!
On the up side, I have lost 45 pounds.
You don't feel much like eating when it hurts to do so.
Yoghurt and soft boiled eggs are easiest to eat, because they coat the sore areas and give a little protection.
If you want the names of the products I use to reduce the mouth pain, rinses and ointments and sprays, e-mail me and I will pass that info on.

Live well,
Andrea
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Mouth Pain - 03-23-2009 01:45 PM
Diane,

I had already asked about Thrush and such and the answer was no.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Mouth Pain - 03-23-2009 03:55 PM
Scar tissue can interfere with eating, That I know for sure , but there can't be scra tissue everywhere that we can hurt.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum