Posted By: EzJim Surgery - 01-13-2009 02:14 PM
I had my Stress Test yesterday to check the strength of my heart. I'm cleared. The Nurse that did the test is a 6 yr survivor of OC. She had her surgery at Ohio State 6 yrs ago by Dr Shuler who is the main man at the University Cancer Unit. She never had rads or chemo, just part of hr tongue removed. She has no scaring or spech problems. She had a neck dissection and has no saliva or speech problems. As for the scar it's almost invisible. My surgeon appt went great too. No Cancer just scar tissue. He told me that if anyone could go thru the anneurysm surgery a 2nd time it was me. I wish I was as tough as people think. LOL. Really I might be a wimp. Have a great day all.
Posted By: Ray1971 Re: Surgery - 01-13-2009 03:39 PM
Good luck Jim! My barber just had an aneurysm fixed in his heart and he's fine...
Posted By: EzJim Re: Surgery - 01-13-2009 05:19 PM
This is my 2nd go round with this thing Ray. The surgeon says he doesn't have much room to work with this time.But we are going to do it and win. I have to put my angels to work harder than ever this time it seems. LOO But they will be up to the task.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Surgery - 01-13-2009 09:07 PM
I got the results of the stress test a few minutes ago. Strong heart and working good. No signs of any trouble with it. I guess the flight will take off as scheduled Tue. the 21st.
Posted By: margaret_in_ma Re: Surgery - 01-14-2009 02:03 AM
Jim,

You know our hearts and prayers will be with you for a strong recovery!

And hey, don't I owe you a smoothie??
Posted By: EzJim Re: Surgery - 01-14-2009 02:29 PM
Yes Margaret you do and payable upon request LOL
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: Surgery - 01-16-2009 12:45 AM
Jim, Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: EzJim Re: Surgery - 01-16-2009 01:52 PM
Thanks Bob and congrats for whipping this stuff.
Posted By: Karen Rose Re: Surgery - 01-17-2009 02:22 AM

Jim

Best wishes for a very successful surgery and a quick recovery

Karen
Posted By: Steve J. Re: Surgery - 01-17-2009 03:21 AM
Jim,
Just another voice chiming in to say best wishes for good results from the surgery and all the best for your recovery. My best friend's mother is preparing for anneurisym surgery later this month so it's near and dear to my heart.
-Steve
Posted By: EzJim Re: Surgery - 01-17-2009 12:40 PM
It can be a rough go as I found out 10 years ago. Thanks for the ego boost .Tell tjhat lady I said good luck and have her in the prayers.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Surgery - 01-18-2009 12:08 AM
How long you staying in the hospital? Just wondering so know when to look for your updates. Your surgery is Tuesday right?

Posted By: EzJim Re: Surgery - 01-18-2009 12:25 PM
Yes my surgery is Wed and I have no idea how long I will be in the Hospital. My Ins sent me a letter giving me the OK for extended care as the Dr thinks I might need it. I'll have someone post updates and it will be BarbT or my sister Carol. I hope I can be home in no longer than a week. I have to call the Hospital Tuesday for the time I have to be there and they will give me surgery time. Thanks for asking.
Posted By: August Re: Surgery - 01-18-2009 08:58 PM
You will be #1 on my prayer list, my good friend. We'll be watching for your return. It won't be the same while you're incommunicado. XOX
Posted By: Good1 Re: Surgery - 01-19-2009 12:30 AM
Praying for you Jim. Glad that you "have people". Will someone be with you at the hospital also to look out for you?

Patty
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Surgery - 01-19-2009 02:12 AM
Hi Jim,

I will be thinking of you on Wednesday. You do sound like a strong man!!! I know you can do it:)

Hopefully you will get socks that match your gown at the hospital like I did. I never got to wear socks in the OR let alone pretty ones that matched my gown!!! I just love Fox Chase.

I can't wait to hear how everything goes. Will you let us know the time so we can send happy thoughts to you? smile

Suzanne
Posted By: Suess57 Re: Surgery - 01-19-2009 02:57 AM
Jim,

Been away from the boards a few days and came back just in time to wish you well with your surgery. Do well, we are all pulling for you.

Susan
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Surgery - 01-19-2009 03:04 AM
Hey Jim,

Good luck on Wednesday. Knowing what a trooper you are, I'm sure you will do fine. This might give me an opportunity to try to get clsoer to you for the number of posts. I know that will never happen.

Suzanne,

First of all good luck with the biopsy results this week. I feel slighted as my socks didn't match my gown when I was at Fox Chase. But that was a long time ago and things must have changed.

Jerry
Posted By: azcallin Re: Surgery - 01-19-2009 11:38 AM
almost there now, jim. we are here praying for ya and awaiting a good report. keep the faith and good mindset ... it got you this far and will continue to see you through and we are here to harass as soon as you feel up to it wink
Posted By: Eileen Re: Surgery - 01-19-2009 06:40 PM
Good luck to you on Weds Jim. Will be thinking of you and sending good vibes your way. Remember to pack the ear plugs and night mask so you can get some sleep and don't let them give you whatever med that 'knocked you for a loop' last time.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Surgery - 01-19-2009 10:17 PM
Jerry,

I paid extra for them:) It was worth it...I even got to bring them home. I am one lucky girl!! smile
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Surgery - 01-19-2009 11:45 PM
I will wish you good luck on Wed. today. Hoping everything goes as planned and your doc is able to correct the problem easily. Also hoping for a speedy recovery. Please dont put us thru the same scare as you did last time around. This time they should already know which meds make you loopy.

Im also scheduled for 2 surgeries on Wed. Mine are 2 minor ones, nothing compared to what yours will be. My port is finally being removed, and I need tubes in my ears for HBO. I will be home Wed. night and looking for a successful update to be posted by then about your surgery. Best of luck, will send lots and lots of prayers your way smile

Remember 2009....this is our year !!!!!!
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Surgery - 01-20-2009 12:32 AM
Jim: Good luck on your surgery on Weds. I know you are such a fighter and you will come out of this with yet another story to tell. This time, tell them you want a warranty on thier work!! We look forward to posts from Barb or Carol - but please ask them to post soon. Your angels are watching out for you.

Donna
Posted By: Gabe Re: Surgery - 01-20-2009 01:36 AM
Hi Jim,
I have been away this last week without internet access. I knew I would be back in time to wish you all the very best for Wednesday.
Am going to pre-op myself tomorrow morning for another minor tongue/flap adjustment on the 29th.
I as well as many others here will be checking every day to get the good news from your family on your progress.
Angel Gabriele wink
Posted By: EzJim Re: Surgery - 01-20-2009 02:32 AM
Well Christine and gabe, I will lend you a couple of my angels for your journeys . I hope I can get right back here but I might have to spend a few days in an extended care facility. Sure hope not. Thanks al for the boosts which I need for sure, I'll make sure to tell those 2 women to get the posts on here. .
Posted By: EzJim Re: Surgery - 01-20-2009 02:36 AM
I am going to ask about whatever they put near my mouth. LOL I just might have learned from the last experience. My daughter was the one that tyold me about some reactions to that stuff. I'll post tomorrow as soon as I find out the times. Sweet Dreams all.
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Surgery - 01-20-2009 03:53 AM
Jim,

I'm wishing you the best on Wednesday and I'll keep you in my prayers. You've proven to be tough in the past and I'm sure you'll treat this as just another minor bump in the road.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Surgery - 01-20-2009 08:05 PM
Here is the lineup beginning at 5AM in the morning when I have to be there, After geting checked in and ready with th IV in tow, I will meet with the anestheiologists and go over everything, they have the report of my few bad days last time and you can bet I will make sure they read it again. Surgery will start at 6:45 and then who knows. I'll have my sister or barb post what happens after this. I want you all to know I am going in fighting to win this one BIG TIME> I know the last anneurysm was a battle for a few days and on the ventilator for 2 of them. You all have fun and make fun of each other.. LOL later all
Posted By: Good1 Re: Surgery - 01-20-2009 08:15 PM
Be strong Jim and we will look forward to hearing from you very soon. Prayers and extra angels being sent your way.

Patty
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Surgery - 01-20-2009 09:49 PM
We'll be thinking about you so hurry up and get back here.
Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Surgery - 01-20-2009 10:55 PM
Jim...your angels will look out for you! smile Sending you BIG hugs!!!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Surgery - 01-21-2009 01:06 AM
Best of luck tomorrow. All your angels will be watching over you. Cant wait til you get back. Miss ya already!!!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum