Posted By: ChristineB The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 02:36 AM
Many of you know a very special lady who was a big part of the OCF family, Carol Layer. Her screen name on here is Carol L. It is with a very heavy heart that I am sharing some very sad news. This lovely lady has recently passed away. Carol leaves behind a husband and twins who were in their early 20s. Here is what her beautiful, devoted daughter posted......

Thank you everyone for the continued prayers and support. My Mom passed away this evening (Saturday, Aug 27th) peacefully after fighting cancer for so long (over 9 years). The strength and resilience she showed throughout every battle was amazing and inspiring. I love my mom and am so proud and honored to of had a mom like her.

Here is the link to Carol's profile. You can read some of her posts. Sadly, Carol had a very big surgery in Feb 2011 which she never fully recovered from. May my dear friend rest in peace. When the obituary is published I hope to add it to this thread.

http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=1170
Posted By: Cathi Carpenter Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 03:34 AM
Heart broken and overwhelmed with sadness! What a lovely lady that continued to inspire everyone in spite of everything she was going through! My heart, thoughts and prayers goes out to her family!!
Posted By: julieann Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 04:07 AM
Christine:
Thanks for letting us know, and when you talk to her daughter and family, please tell them how sorry we all are and hope the good Lord helps them through this most horrible time in their lives.
julieann
Posted By: Gabe Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 04:35 AM
I am saddened to hear that Carol has passed away but happy that she is now at peace.
She was such a special lady and big part of this OCF family.
My condolences to Steve Snr, Rachel and Steve Jnr.
Rest in Peace Carol.
Love
Gabriele
Posted By: Eshwar N Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 06:28 AM
One more causality in long drawn battle with cancer. Heart broken as she was one who I looked upon for motivation.

May her soul rest in peace and god be with her family.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 06:36 AM
We've already is users this on Facebook, I didn't know carol, but never the less her loss saddens me immensely. My condolences to all who knew her and her family! She sounds like she was a very special lady!
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 06:40 AM
Christine,

Thanks for letting us know about Carol. She has been in my thoughts and prayers a lot lately and I was hoping she would pull through her latest surgery.

Rest in Peace Carol.
Posted By: kenswife Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 12:18 PM
My condolences to her family. She was a brave lady and I am glad she is st peace.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 12:32 PM
I will miss her. She was, among many other things, a valuable OCF member.
Posted By: ESikon Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 02:43 PM
Prayers for her family at this difficult time.
Posted By: slim Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 03:19 PM
Christine, thank you for posting this really sad news. Many prayers to her friends and family during this difficult time. At least she is pain-free and at peace.
Posted By: Shelley K Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 03:20 PM
I hate hearing news like this....so sad...sending prayers for Carol and her family. Cancer sucks!!

Love,

Shelley
Posted By: Leslie B Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 04:17 PM
Oh, I am sorry to hear this. She was one of the first to welcome me here five years ago, and her insights were always valuable.
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 04:41 PM
Christine

Thanks for sharing that. Carol's posts on OCF will be missed.
I hate to read news like this.
Charm
Posted By: ChristineB Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 07:28 PM
Carol's obituary has been published in the Baltimore Sun.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/baltimoresun/obituary.aspx?n=carol-ann-layer&pid=153371744#

Here is the link for the funeral home.

http://www.evansfuneralchapel.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1247336&fh_id=10838
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 08:47 PM
She was a beautiful person, she always emailed me wishing she could help more but she was going thru her treatments and was too weak.

This disease has taken so many good people. Here is another reason we need have more awareness events, get people involved.

She will be missed . . ..

Susan
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-30-2011 10:20 PM
So very sad...I feel so bad for her family. What a shock.

Anita
Posted By: EzJim Re: The loss of another dear friend - 08-31-2011 12:27 AM
She was a sweet lady for sure. You have our prayers and sympathies.
Posted By: suemarie Re: The loss of another dear friend - 09-01-2011 01:24 AM
Heaven has surely gotten another angel. May she rest in peace.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum