Posted By: EzJim Best Friend - 08-12-2010 11:58 PM
My best friend from childhood was told he had Cancer about 3 weeks ago and that it was spreading very fast thoughout his system. He died last nite. He was also the best man at my wedding and we remained friends for about 70 yrs. Just had to talk to someone to make me wonder about life. Thanks for letting me tell you.
Posted By: David2 Re: Best Friend - 08-13-2010 12:07 AM
Jim, I'm indeed sorry to hear that. I'll think good thoughts about him.

David
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Best Friend - 08-13-2010 12:36 AM
Jim,

I lost a friend 1 1/2 yrs ago to cancer. Hers was not treatable and was in every major organ by the time she was diagnosed. I think about her all the time and still can't believe she is gone. It is so crazy how some people never get cancer, some get it and beat it, and some don't get a lot of time to think about it before it gets them. I hope that your good memories of him will ease your sorrow.

Anita
Posted By: Lostpassword Re: Best Friend - 08-13-2010 02:04 AM
Sorry about your dear friend, Jim - that must have been a wonderful friendship to have lasted all those years. Our condolences on the loss of this long time friend.
Posted By: SusanW Re: Best Friend - 08-13-2010 02:11 AM
Jim,I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I've also lost loved ones quickly and unexpectedly and it just takes your breath away.
I really hope that the amazing memories you have gathered over such a long term friendship helps you through this.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Best Friend - 08-13-2010 02:29 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend. Im sure you must be upset about losing someone who has been a big part of your life for so long. Remember all the good times you shared together and hopefully that helps to ease your pain. My condolenses to you and your best friends family in this sad time.
Posted By: Susan3175 Re: Best Friend - 08-13-2010 02:29 AM
Hey Jim, I am so sorry to hear about your lose. My prayers are with you through this difficult time.
Posted By: EricS Re: Best Friend - 08-13-2010 05:52 AM
I'm sorry for you loss buddy...I lossed my college roommate earlier this year to cancer and it threw me for a loop. Life is crazy, but you know this far better then I.

Hang in there my friend.

Eric
Posted By: walknlite Re: Best Friend - 08-13-2010 11:25 AM
Jim,
I am so sorry for your loss. I know it must me difficult for you right now. You will be in my prayers.
Posted By: Eileen Re: Best Friend - 08-13-2010 04:49 PM
Jim,
I am so sorry to hear that your friend lost his battle with this nasty disease. My deepest sympathy to you and his family and friends.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: Donnarose Re: Best Friend - 08-13-2010 06:22 PM
Hi Jim,
I am so sorry to read of your loss. Prayers and warm thoughts to you all.

Love
Donna
Posted By: Kelly211 Re: Best Friend - 08-13-2010 07:29 PM
Jim,

"Friends for 70 yrs". That statement alone says a lot.

Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Best Friend - 08-13-2010 08:44 PM
Jim - I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend of 70 years. Life is so precious and it hurts to lose someone who's been such a good friend over the years. I hope that you and his family can comfort each other and cherish the happy memories of your time together.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Best Friend - 08-14-2010 12:23 AM
l home today and only one of my Buddys sons knew who I was. The others asked and then stared in disbelief.. I guess 80 lbs , a Turkey neck and no teeth or tongue must show up. LOL I did get to talk to a lot of them I haven't seen in a few years so it was an OK type of day.
Posted By: wendys Re: Best Friend - 08-16-2010 06:08 PM
Jim, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer just sucks!! I come to the forum with mixed emotion. I am so sad to hear stories like these. But I also need the support from others who understand what I go through everyday.
Posted By: EmilyE Re: Best Friend - 08-16-2010 09:46 PM
Hi Jim, this came just 1 day after my moms passing. Even though he wasnt techinically family, Im sure it felt like your friend was. 70 years of friendship is priceless and irreplaceable.
You and your friends family are in my thoughts
I hope that he was able to pass with family and friends peacefully
Posted By: misskate Re: Best Friend - 08-17-2010 04:36 AM
Jim- Must have been a big hit for you. Sounds like a wonderful guy. Its hard losing our dearest friends. It just leaves a void. 70 years of memories is a lot to cherish though.
So sorry- I know it must be very sad for yo right now.

Big Hug to you EZ! I hope one day they will find a cute for cancer.
Posted By: Nancy T Re: Best Friend - 08-17-2010 08:37 PM
Jim, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's passing. After 70 years of friendship I'm sure it was like losing part of you. My Dad has had his best friend for almost 66 years now - he introduced my parents to each other and I know how close they are. Please cherish those many years of what must be wonderful memories. Remember you can talk to him anytime - he will hear you!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Best Friend - 08-17-2010 10:56 PM
I agree with that NancyT. I do believe the angels hear everything said by us or see what we do. Emily. You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your mom. When that happens all we can do is think of the happy days we had with our parents and occasionaly, we smile at things they did or said. My prayers are with you.
Posted By: tristeve Re: Best Friend - 08-22-2010 01:47 PM
Hi EEZJim,
I have been MIA for a while. Very sorry to hear of your friends passing. It somestimes is a very weird world. I am sure you gave him alot of comfort during his last days

Steve
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: Best Friend - 08-23-2010 03:17 AM
Hi, Jim -
I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. It's like a little part of you is missing. My prayers are with you.

Marlene
Posted By: JeffL Re: Best Friend - 08-23-2010 02:35 PM
Jim --

My condolences for your loss. Sorry, but I just saw this. Always tough to lose somebody like that, even more so when it is cancer. All the best.
Posted By: jennie Re: Best Friend - 08-24-2010 02:26 AM
Lost my dear friend last year also- this is just something that riles all these stupid cancer fears right back up. What a blessing to have had such a long term friendship in a society that doesnt put alot of value on those. Good for you and hope your heart feels some relief from this huge hurt.
Take care and know that we are thinking about you!
Jennie
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum