Hi All,

I'm not looking for this thread to be a debbie downer at all, but I thought it might be nice to create a place for those of us caregivers who have lost a loved one to share stories, cry, vent, and remember...

I think the OCF forums are amazing, including everyone in it. I wish I had discovered it before my mom passed away. But sometimes I am afraid to talk about what happened to my mom because I don't want to scare others who are just learning of a diagnosis, going into surgery, starting treatment, dealing with a recurrence, and/or are still fighting, both patients and caregivers. Every case is different of course so we shouldn't compare, but I think the other threads are a great place to be upbeat, encouraging, and motivating. I do plan to continue contributing to those threads, but I wanted to give those of us who are grieving (new and old) a place to mourn together.

I know I need this, so I figure someone else out there might need it too... <3 <3 <3

Last edited by aimlee311; 05-31-2012 05:47 AM.

Amy CG to mom Janet - diag w/ early SCC 8/11-surg w/ rad neck dissect & graft from arm/thigh 9/11-evid in nodes tx 6 wks rads (5/wk) w/cistplatin (1/wk for 6 wks) began 11/11-wk or 2 break 12/11 due to severe side effects-done 1/12- 3/23/12 mets to liver lung bone-hospice 4/7/12-lost fight 4/22/12