Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

I agree with Rita. TRT...when I told you about my driving I was REALLY SCARED...PETRIFIED. I'm not sure how I did it but I knew I had to. It was bad for a while but it finally got better. The more times I did it, the better it was.

I understand how scary it is, I really do. Like Rita said, try to do something before it gets a it's hold you.

You are in my thoughts everyday. Remember...everytime you do something that scares you it will ger easier. I'm sure your neighbors know what your going through and are just happy to see you. Use the people in your life to help you.

Suzanne
T1 SCC on right side of tongue
Age 31...27 when diagnosed
4 partial glossectomies
No chemo or radiation
Biopsy on 2/2/10-Clear
Surgery needed again...no later than April 2011
Loving life and just became a mother on 11/25/10
It's not what we CAN'T do..it's what we CAN do:)

Go do it because THEY need a visit from YOU! Leave when you get tired or whatever -- Journey of thousand miles begins with single step and all that stuf!

Age 67 1/2
Ventral Tongue SCC T2N0M0G1 10/05
Anterior Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 6/08
Base of Tongue SCC T2N0M0G2 12/08
Three partial glossectomy (10/05,11/05,6/08), PEG, 37 XRT 66.6 Gy 1/06
Neck dissection, trach, PEG & forearm free flap (6/08)
Total glossectomy, trach, PEG & thigh free flap (12/08)
On August 21, 2010 at 9:20 am, Pete went off to play with the ratties in the sky.
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

You are getting some really good advice. It is really hard but it is easier than you think. I know it sounds wierd but after you have accomplished a small step. You will be so proud and that brings confidence it is like starting a domino effect in a good direction!!!

It does all start with one small step!!!! Go you can do it...we are behind you...gotta look at worse case scenarios...it isn't killing you so it can't hurt you!!!

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY
trt Offline OP
Senior Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline

yes, that's the feeling, no motivation, too scared to do anything. I don't think I've been tested for iron. Endo nurse mentioned B12. I am taking a B stress complex however.

[quote=azcallin]ONE MORE THING ...

you may also be lacking some vital nutrients / vitamins / minerals when you are feeling real low too ... if you have that feeling of i just want to sit here and let the world go by, at times this can show a low iron state ..

may want to ask your MD to run a bloodtest and see if you are having some physical reason for the mental feelings[/quote]

Dx 10/06 Adenoid Cystic carcinoma; Stage I. Soft palate/minor salivary glands.
Tx surgery 11/06 Tomotherapy (targeted IMRT) 3/07
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

i would have a panel ran in case it is something besides just plain old meany butt anxiety. yeah, the b vitamins are important for the mind to keep it at a normal keel but if energy is being affected too, i would think there may (may) be more to it ... as for the fear ... do the easiest baby steps first and do one step ay a time and push yourself to work beyond it. i know that may sound impossible but i know it is not, because i have been there .. only we can push ourselves. just try small things one at a time, and work your way up so you can conquer that fear because you do not want it to keep you as a prisoner, that is not a fun life.

i wish you well my dear and hope to hear you posting that you are conquering this soon. and hey when you struggle there is nothing wrong with seeking help. we all need help here and there from time to time, so seek the help you need but do the parts you can do on your own. you will look back and have much to be thankful for and proud of when you do **HUGS**

Rita - Age 44
wife, mother of 4 - ages 3,16,21,24 & grandma to 1
(R upper) Maxillectomy 8/8/08 - UW / Seattle, WA.

===============================

"Those who think by the inch and speak by the yard, should be kicked by the foot."

trt Offline OP
OP Offline

Yesterday I got really sick, diarrhea, nausea, strong headache, massive weakness and this pain pressure in the chest throat area.
Panic attack, too. It seems when I get really weak I am more likely to panic/feel hopeless.

It's hardest for me to seek help when I feel worst and need help most.

I am better today but still weak

Last edited by trt; 12-15-2008 09:27 AM.

trt Offline OP
OP Offline

what kind of panel?

[quote=azcallin]i would have a panel ran in case it is something besides just plain old meany butt anxiety. [/quote]

trt Offline OP
OP Offline

I ended up going after writing my note. But I am having trouble making myself believing they need a visit from me, esp when they have their daughter and her child. It's more like I need them.

[quote=Pete D]Go do it because THEY need a visit from YOU! Leave when you get tired or whatever -- Journey of thousand miles begins with single step and all that stuf! [/quote]

One thought hopefully you can comprehend in your state of mind it is ok to need the help of others. In fact it is more than ok. But also some people do need visits even if they have family. Change is good and you could bring something to them that family didn't...It is the old glass half full analogy...

Panic attacks can feel like real heart attacks can feel like a lot of things. Self talk at times like you experience can help put you in a different frame of mind. If you feel wierd talking to yourself talk to a stuffed animal or a pet or a rock for that matter. And breathe...breathing is very important during a panic attack. Concentrate on breathing. Count in through your nose...as long as you can then exhale through your mouth and starting counting the breath out. Gosh reading this back sound as clear as mud. Wish I could express better but I just know from my experience how concentrating on breathing brought me out of anxity attacks. They are horrible and real. But they are treatable and you can start to take control over them.

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY

i am meaning a normal blood workup panel... one they would do for a normal annual exam most times. just ask your doc if he/she can check you for your symptoms by seeing if you are low on any vitamins or minerals in the blood ...

glad you went for a visit. while the visits will be good for you, yes, I am sure they enjoy visits from more than just their daughter... so it is a multi purpose visit smile and hey, nothing wrong with it even if it were just for you.

Rita - Age 44
wife, mother of 4 - ages 3,16,21,24 & grandma to 1
(R upper) Maxillectomy 8/8/08 - UW / Seattle, WA.

===============================

"Those who think by the inch and speak by the yard, should be kicked by the foot."

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics