Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
nervous Offline OP
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

hi everyone, been a while, getting ready. resection surgery on monday and for those unfamiliar, my benign ameloblastoma will be history (hopefully for good!) 3/4 of my top jaw, bottom of my sinus cavity and the bone which supports my nose will be gone with it. feel really good, after a bit of battle, with my new surgeon and the margins were checked again this week thru MRI. no change which means NO new growth, thank god! diagnosed end of april, i should have taken care of right away. my two young ones were still in school, and sports and i think i just couldn't at the time, accept or deal with this. since then, i have a lot of time to learn about the surgery and its aftermath and have had so much help from so many on this board. colleen (my coach) is a true godsend, dr. wilck you are amazing and so kind for going the extra mile, and donna (so sweet, i pray your mother is doing better!!!) while having the time was a good thing, it may have not been the best, as there has been maybe too much time to dread it as well. sometimes i think colleen is right - perhaps i am "grieving" now, so hey, perhaps afterward won't be as bad : ) i think i thought that i could get my head around it, but now suppose it is one of those things you just can't. so it is best to just get it done with. i have lots of help lined up, fridge full, bills paid, kids prepared (i hope) and stocked up with chocolate boost. now i have to trust in the doctors, keep my faith and my chin up. will be back soon, say some prayers for me on monday (they will make their way to philly!) thanks to all, marieka

ameloblastoma, upcoming total maxillectomy
Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Hi Marieka,

My thoughts will be with you Monday. Sounds like you're as prepared as anyone can possibly be. Hope it goes smoothly and quickly.

Cancer of Tongue, SCC early Stage 1, Dx 3/13/07, partial glossectomy 4/14/07 found no residual carcinoma and a granular cell tumor with pseudo epitheliomatous hyperplasia.
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Dear All.....Marieka and I have a plan that her husband will keep me posted, and I will post here for y'all to keep up with her progress. My surgery was a smaller version of Marieka's, so we have lots in common.

So, Marieka...The wait is almost over, and I know that this wonderful, faith-filled group will be "hounding heaven" in your behalf on Monday and every day after that.

I loved knowing that so many were praying for me. I think that many continue to do so, and I think that's why I am doing so well.

I offer a prayer every morning for my OCF friends who are struggling with especially difficult situations, and I offer another plea for everyone who suffers from this terrible, mysterious disease.

Together, we can support each other and help each other get through the toughest times.

Soooooooo, Marieka, I think that you are next up...and you will have many prayers being offered up for your good result and your speedy recovery.

Vaya con Dios!

XO--Colleen

Last edited by August; 07-10-2008 11:06 PM.

Colleen--T-2N0M0 SCC dx'd 12/28/05...Hemi-maxillectomy, partial palatectomy, neck dissection 1/4/06....clear margins, neg. nodes....no radiation, no chemo....Cancer-free at 4 years!
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Marieka,

Good luck Monday. Your Philly connection will be in contact with August.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"

Marieka, I'll be thinking of youa nd sending you my best wishes on Monday. I'm glad Colleen will be able to update us.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"
Senior Member (100+ posts)
Senior Member (100+ posts)

We'll be praying for you, your doctors and family on Monday.

Bill . . . SCC - originated in right tonsil, drifted into neck ( 28 lymph nodes removed - one positive ). Radical neck dissection in September 07, completed 34 radiation tx on January 4, 2008. Used Peg. Non smoker, 61, good shape, no previous health issues. Second year PET scan - "all clear".

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23