Posted By: nervous HI EVERYONE! SURGERY ON MONDAY... - 07-11-2008 03:17 AM
hi everyone, been a while, getting ready. resection surgery on monday and for those unfamiliar, my benign ameloblastoma will be history (hopefully for good!) 3/4 of my top jaw, bottom of my sinus cavity and the bone which supports my nose will be gone with it. feel really good, after a bit of battle, with my new surgeon and the margins were checked again this week thru MRI. no change which means NO new growth, thank god! diagnosed end of april, i should have taken care of right away. my two young ones were still in school, and sports and i think i just couldn't at the time, accept or deal with this. since then, i have a lot of time to learn about the surgery and its aftermath and have had so much help from so many on this board. colleen (my coach) is a true godsend, dr. wilck you are amazing and so kind for going the extra mile, and donna (so sweet, i pray your mother is doing better!!!) while having the time was a good thing, it may have not been the best, as there has been maybe too much time to dread it as well. sometimes i think colleen is right - perhaps i am "grieving" now, so hey, perhaps afterward won't be as bad : ) i think i thought that i could get my head around it, but now suppose it is one of those things you just can't. so it is best to just get it done with. i have lots of help lined up, fridge full, bills paid, kids prepared (i hope) and stocked up with chocolate boost. now i have to trust in the doctors, keep my faith and my chin up. will be back soon, say some prayers for me on monday (they will make their way to philly!) thanks to all, marieka
Posted By: Suess57 Re: HI EVERYONE! SURGERY ON MONDAY... - 07-11-2008 03:21 AM
Hi Marieka,

My thoughts will be with you Monday. Sounds like you're as prepared as anyone can possibly be. Hope it goes smoothly and quickly.
Posted By: August Re: HI EVERYONE! SURGERY ON MONDAY... - 07-11-2008 06:05 AM
Dear All.....Marieka and I have a plan that her husband will keep me posted, and I will post here for y'all to keep up with her progress. My surgery was a smaller version of Marieka's, so we have lots in common.

So, Marieka...The wait is almost over, and I know that this wonderful, faith-filled group will be "hounding heaven" in your behalf on Monday and every day after that.

I loved knowing that so many were praying for me. I think that many continue to do so, and I think that's why I am doing so well.

I offer a prayer every morning for my OCF friends who are struggling with especially difficult situations, and I offer another plea for everyone who suffers from this terrible, mysterious disease.

Together, we can support each other and help each other get through the toughest times.

Soooooooo, Marieka, I think that you are next up...and you will have many prayers being offered up for your good result and your speedy recovery.

Vaya con Dios!

XO--Colleen
Posted By: wilckdds Re: HI EVERYONE! SURGERY ON MONDAY... - 07-11-2008 10:54 AM
Marieka,

Good luck Monday. Your Philly connection will be in contact with August.

Jerry
Posted By: Nelie Re: HI EVERYONE! SURGERY ON MONDAY... - 07-11-2008 02:36 PM
Marieka, I'll be thinking of youa nd sending you my best wishes on Monday. I'm glad Colleen will be able to update us.

Nelie
Posted By: William1949 Re: HI EVERYONE! SURGERY ON MONDAY... - 07-11-2008 02:59 PM
We'll be praying for you, your doctors and family on Monday.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum