Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#151249 06-25-2012 11:27 AM
tim6003 Offline OP
OP Offline

(I was not sure my post would be seen on the original discussion topic so I also added it as a new topic. I am new to the OCF board and working hard to figure out how to navigate around on it. Directions? Oh, I guess I could read those...lol) jk

Hi all.

Sorry for my delayed response. New to the OCF boards and was trying to respond but either there was a glitch or I just could not remember my password. Using a temp password as I type.

First of all ....sorry about my tone if I sounded panicked. I really was not so much panicked as I was frustrated.

My doctors really are very good. I give them very high marks. They did tell me with my "rash" / "reaction" they know for sure the Erbitux is working good on my cancer (at the time I was not sure what that meant exactly, but it sounded like good news so I accepted it). If I had to give them a score on "egagement of the patient in the decision making process" ..it probably would be lower. Not that I am any less thankful, just wish I had gone slower and asked more questions BEFORE all the tx began.

Things were happening so fast when I got my dx and I was to be treated 100 miles from home (I lived in a borrowed RV during treatments in the MSTI Clinic parking lot, they provide RV spaces at not charge) as well as I was trying to get my wife and five children set up while I was gone. My children are all young, ages 2 - 13 and they were quite upset. We had just lost my dad (their Grandpa) and my brother (their Unlce)the year before to cancer ..so I had my hands full trying to tell them I was going to fight and pray and we were just going to see how it came out (there was no way I could convice them this was not a death sentence since we had just lost two very important people in their lives). smile

So, again, I apologize if I sounded panicked or angry. Don't get me wrong, I have had my "human" moments with all of this.

I can see this site it going to be a wonderful site full of great input ...I will learn how to respond faster,sooner and better as time goes by...

Stay Calm & Carry On - (motto taken from another friend - but I like it)

Tim

Now let me see if I can get that signature thingy figured out smile smile

"OCF Canuck"
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
"OCF Canuck"
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Good luck with all you have and are going through... ;o)

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23