Posted By: tim6003 Re: Erbitux does not play well - 06-25-2012 06:27 PM
(I was not sure my post would be seen on the original discussion topic so I also added it as a new topic. I am new to the OCF board and working hard to figure out how to navigate around on it. Directions? Oh, I guess I could read those...lol) jk

Hi all.

Sorry for my delayed response. New to the OCF boards and was trying to respond but either there was a glitch or I just could not remember my password. Using a temp password as I type.

First of all ....sorry about my tone if I sounded panicked. I really was not so much panicked as I was frustrated.

My doctors really are very good. I give them very high marks. They did tell me with my "rash" / "reaction" they know for sure the Erbitux is working good on my cancer (at the time I was not sure what that meant exactly, but it sounded like good news so I accepted it). If I had to give them a score on "egagement of the patient in the decision making process" ..it probably would be lower. Not that I am any less thankful, just wish I had gone slower and asked more questions BEFORE all the tx began.

Things were happening so fast when I got my dx and I was to be treated 100 miles from home (I lived in a borrowed RV during treatments in the MSTI Clinic parking lot, they provide RV spaces at not charge) as well as I was trying to get my wife and five children set up while I was gone. My children are all young, ages 2 - 13 and they were quite upset. We had just lost my dad (their Grandpa) and my brother (their Unlce)the year before to cancer ..so I had my hands full trying to tell them I was going to fight and pray and we were just going to see how it came out (there was no way I could convice them this was not a death sentence since we had just lost two very important people in their lives). smile

So, again, I apologize if I sounded panicked or angry. Don't get me wrong, I have had my "human" moments with all of this.

I can see this site it going to be a wonderful site full of great input ...I will learn how to respond faster,sooner and better as time goes by...

Stay Calm & Carry On - (motto taken from another friend - but I like it)

Tim

Now let me see if I can get that signature thingy figured out smile smile
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Erbitux does not play well - 06-25-2012 07:42 PM
Good luck with all you have and are going through... ;o)
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum