Jim,

You really should do 6 cans a day and just figure on those 2 cases as a baby starter kit. I drank VHC for over a year post Tx. At first exclusively for survival, then gradually I morphed into a can with each meal mixed half and half with whole milk to make sure I was getting my 3000 cals a day. Even with that I didn't gain a pound my first year of recovery. The recovery will take a lot of calories you won't even realize are being consumed. Also I eventually had to drink everything room temp so watch for cold sensitivity.

Check with your nutritionist as I'm not sure if Gatorade is a straight 1 for 1 substitute for water. Besides Gatorade tasted like crap about 5 weeks into Tx and stayed that way for months post Tx.

Your mind will be very unkind to you during Tx. When you start to loose your taste but you are still able to eat, you will picture your favorite type of pizza or something and mentally you will taste it perfectly so you will get one and then reality will hit you over the head as you bite into it as you scream "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?"!! Very cruel until you are able to fight off that mental taste thing.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.