I have posted a couple times and everyone has responded! Thank you. Once again I am 30, very healthy non-smoker and continually now making myself healthier! I am 2 weeks out of my neck dissection. Had surgery on the 20th out of hospital on the 21st had the drain tube removed the 22nd and was at work on the 26th. I have a lot of pain when I move my neck and left shoulder...fells very tight. I have been riding my bike 5 miles a day and doing a lot of arm exercising and continually turning my head. Here is my problem....I have been to 2 radiation oncologists and neither 1 of them can give me a straight answer or course of treatment that they are comfortable with doing to me. Both basically are asking me what I want to do or telling me that I might need to go to a huge cancer center like moffitt. At this time I have no cancer in my body at all, however the node they removed has extra capsular spread so my ENT wants me to have the radiation. They are having a hard time figuring out which type to give me and how to attack it since I am 30. It is up in the air if I should just have my left neck done, have my left neck and right neck done or have my left, right and my tongue all done. Obviously the tongue is the worst but was also the primary sourse of the cancer. I had the tumor removed 3 months ago. I have contacted the moffitt center in tampa and most likely will be heading over there for a consult. I have a appt today with a oral surgeon to hopefully get a clean bill to accept radiation! I dont want to do to little on the other hand I do not want to have all the side effects down the road. I was saying do the radiation on the left side and we will monitor closely my tongue and right side if anything occurs down the road then we handle it then....Cancer is crazy, nobody can give me a reason that I have it so who is to say that it will ever come back now that I have had 2 surgeries. I hear all your horror stories about radiation and how just getting out of bed is virtually impossible....they keep telling me that at my age I should be able to take as much as they can give me but they are also saying on the other hand what is that much radiation going to do to me down the road. I dont know what I am exactly looking for here maybe someone here has had the same problem or knows somebody. Head and Neck cancer is crazy thats for sure something so small on my tongue has now turned into a monster. 1 tiny little node enlarged now I have a huge scar and limited movement! I have also talked to quite a few people that are totally against radiation saying do chemo and start building up your immune system to the highlest level possible and that is your best defense. Anybody just flat out skip the Rads after having surgery??? Please help

30 yr old M non-smoker (stuborn ass italian)
SCC left side Tongue 2/17/09, Partial Gloss. 2/25/09
Left ND 5/20/09 10 nodes, 1 pos (1.7cm w/xtra cap spread)
Finished Rads IMRT X 33 8/18/09 (70gy)No PEG, No Chemo
"On the long road to recovery 1 step at a time"