Rick:

I used to like a beer after working in the yard, after golf but I didn't have much taste for one for maybe a year post tx. I drank a lot of water during my treatments. Some days I know I was downing 10-12 bottles. Every day they would pound it in my head get calories and fluids. I also did IV fluid flush for 4 days following the Cisplatin but I was on the big 3 doses plan.

As I had mentioned I lost weight because it got very hard to swallow , plus I walked and did not eat any junk food, pasta, bread, etc. So you really have to be sure you pick up those calories somewhere, VHC, Ensure, milkshakes....

I had ny ND after treatments . I had very little problems, in and out in a little over 24 hrs. 5 days at home then I was good to go, a bit slow at first but very little discomfort.

Just get after it one day at a day and before you know it you have beat the crap out of it, Good Luck

Bill Van Horn-53 ex-smoker, social drinker, Biopsy 8/24, Diagnosed 8/30/07 BOT T2N2-B MX Stage IV. Started treatments 10/1/07. IMRT 35 x, Cisplatin - 3 cycles - completed treatment 11/16/07. CT Scans on 1/15/08 all clear Selective neck dissection 1/28/08. All nodes clear.