Eileen, I had surgery 3 times, 2 for quick reoccurence the Dr said, I also had to have mt teeth removed so that I could have radiation and chemo that they were really treating agressivly then after the rads and chemo I had to be put into a coma like state for supposedly 3 days for rad seed implants in my tongue, I was put into isolation for this and thn the 3 days turned into 7 before I woke up again. THey figured I was gonna die. LOL geez, not my turn to leave this world yet. I never had a feeding tube and lost 70 lbs. If I had it to again, you can bet there would be a tube for food somewhee in this body. At Ohio State I did have some type of tube in the side of my neck that hey put some kind of nourishment into. But I refused the tube like a dipshit.Never again tho.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here