Brian and John

I know this comment should await:
[quote]We will start another treatment complication page on excess mucous production which is NOT mucositis.[/quote]
but having just been woken up again by mucous, I should add that vomiting was reserved for those really thick semi solid mucous "plugs" that hang in the back of your throat and got more prevalent as the radiation GY total grew. They were the ones that made me vomit up my Ensure and cry over the lost calories or had me retching in the hospital. For the old run of the mill [quote]all the crud that is constantly draining and clogging up things that is a result of the sinus irritation from the treatments[/quote] my beloved SELTZER did indeed work as swish and spit. I never had a suction machine until this surgery - both the hospital built in and home portable - and it only works on the latter no former mucous, When you start up that page, I'd suggest noting there are these two types (or maybe it was just me lucky enough to have thick and thinner)
Kudos to DebandBill for pointing it out here where technical accuracy is important. I have often seen this confusion in threads here but since I knew from the context whether they meant mucositis or mucous, I did not "correct" the posters.
I only put this in so those to whom I recommended SELTZER for both, do not get confused. Another reason why I love what our over the pond friends call "soda" but I don't use that for fear of people using Coca Cola. wink

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13