Thanks you all for your comments, please keep them coming, as there are gems in here that should be permanent parts of the subject. Each post so far has something that we will use. Remember John in not one of us, and has not been through this, and he is going from information that he researches. First hand knowledge always rings true, and has a perspective that a doctor or a medical technician just does not have.

Christine b- I have set the tone of the writing in the web site, not John, and that style from the first few hundred pages that I wrote, I asked John and other helpers to copy as much as they are possible. One of the reasons for the medical terms is so that you (I hope can understand my perspective) is that often the doctors and nurses are going to use words that we do not understand. If a patient or family member have heard the word here first, and we have explained the word, it may make the understanding at the hospital go better. After-all, it doesn't help us when they tell us that we had undifferentiated capsulated blah blah blah..... because we don't have a clue. If you hear it, remember reading it, or can come here and put what you heard and this article together, it MAY make things easier. Believe me we have tried to make it approachable, conversational in tone, and not dumbed down so far that it isn't usable. If find that the most distasteful aspect of most cancer sites, they write for the lowest common denominator and there is no real MEAT im the piece. The NCI can be really bad about this.

The rest of you please add you feelings, and remember you are impacting thousands of people's experience.

Now a little reward - the person that offers the most USABLE information over the next 8 articles gets a new i-Pod from OCF. I know you all would help without this incentive, but OCF wants to show you that we care about the time you donate to us and others.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.