Yet another Friday the 13th, it is 42 degrees outside yet they are predicting snow or at least rain, but like the Mary Chapin-Carpenter song goes[quote]I feel Lucky today[/quote] Well I am finally recovering from the MedStar Mayhem inflicted on me for 11 nights and 12 days. Seriously, I have now started to put on 2 lbs a day instead of losing 2 lbs a day. I am changing my stoma (traech hole in throat that looks like a sideways cat-eye) dressing 5 times a day instead of the one it got at GT. I "drink" 10 bottles of Deer Park water a day instead of getting 3 cups of DC tap water. I use exactly the same amount of Percocet but exactly ZERO morphine or any other pain killer. I sleep for 2 to 3 hours uninterrupted instead of one hour. I can fall back asleep in a half an hour instead of two hours. I take at least 3 refreshing naps a day instead of NONE. Last, but not least, I "eat" 2130 calories a day instead of 1420. Finally I NEVER Vomit instead of once a day. To continue with the song's verse[quote]oh oh oh, I feel lucky, yeah No tropical depression gonna steal my sun away Mmmmm, I feel lucky today
[/quote]
Still dealing with hospital mistakes via email to Patient Advocate but with my trademark smart ass style instead of the angry diatribe. Enough stitches have fallen out that I may be able to shave the goofy "radiation beard" by Tuesday ,St. Patrick's day when I have my first follow up appointment with the Surgeon who cut out a third to half of my tongue and when I will finally get to see the full pathology report.
I know that for many of the OCF posters, a more relevant song would be "born under a bad sign" with the verse: [quote]If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.[/quote] so I had to post this early today
PEACE AND LOVE

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13