Hi lja,
I haven't posted in a month or so - I had to send my laptop back to get the keyboard replaced so now I'm catching up a bit here. I've been the caregiver for my husband the last four months.

Your fatigue is perfectly understandable. I have also felt overwhelmed at times, some more so than others. You are doing the right things by 'treating' yourself. One thing I found really valuable when David was going through the worst of treatment was to go and exercise very hard early in the morning before he would be waking up. I found it very theraputic and I always would envision myself getting stronger in doing it in order to face whatever came up that day. Also, if you have access to a caregiver support group that can be a place to let your hair down, so to speak, with real live people (not that we aren't real and live here, lol) who are going through a similar situation.

I'm not sure we can ever fully prepare ourselves for what is to come with this disease. Even though the doctors tried to tell us it would be hard, we really had no idea the toll it would take on both of us.

Hang in there,
Kendall

Wife and caregiver to David, diagnosed with squamous cell cancer/Stage 4 5/08. Primary on left tonsil stub, spread to left neck lymph nodes. 38 IMRT/3 cisplatin completed on 7/31/08.