Thank you Pete and Diane for responding. Alot has gone on since I posted my inquiry. My husband has had 3 more episodes the last one while getting chemo. that was enough to get his medical oncologist involved. He sent us to a cardiologist to evaluate the problem. Seems there is scar tissue forming near the carotid artery and when his muscles spasm in his jaw and neck that is enough to pinch his carotid and cause the syncope. the good news is his heart is fine and hopefully in time the spasms will lessen and the episodes will stop. ~big sigh~. I'll be sure to tell him your trick with the side to side stretching Pete and I'll recommend he try it in the shower. Good idea Diane to stretch in the shower a bit when the muscles are a little more relaxed from the warm water.

Last edited by MS T; 09-18-2008 07:08 PM.

Ija wife-husband 47y healthy nonsmoker,nvr chewed.Dx SCC 01/05 primary left anterior toungue w/2 surgeries 02/05 no rad/chemo recurrence 12/07 no rad/chemo. 07/08/08 modified lt radical neck disection 3 nodes removed 2 pos SCC. TX 090808 taxol & carboplatinx7 radx37 w/ethyol.