Dianne,

You already show the courage and wisdom to defeat this cancer so don't let anyone stand in your way. Sure it's normal to say "why me" and "I don't want to be sick" and "I don't want to go thru this". We all did that and time will help getting over those feelings.

There are some Canadians that post on this site and hopefully they will reassure you that you will be treated professionally in Canada. We will be with you every step of the way and believe me having this site in your corner is priceless. Remember your doctors have the power to cure your cancer but you can go a long way in treating the mental aspects by yourself. Just don't let this cancer get the best of you mentally. I know you can do that.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.