So it gets worse. I saw the doc on Friday. He has no surgical openings next week and leaves on vacation on the 18th returning the 26th. I leave on vacation the 4th of August and he can't guarantee I will be well enough to go. So I say OK, well do it when it get back. How about Aug 14 or my lucky surgery date Aug 15th(both my cancer surgeries were coincidentally done on that date). Nope he leaves for vacation again August 14 until the 25th. Then he tells me he won't even consider doing the surgery until I see a stroke neurologist to see if he agrees that stenting a 95% blocked artery is a good idea if patient is asymptomatic. Last Decemeber he was already to do it when it was 70% blocked. Didn't mention sending me to neurologist then. I'm trying to get this done while I still have house at shore so I can recoup down there on 1 floor. This guy is pissing me off.

He had assured me on July 2 that getting a surgical date the week of the 14th of July would be no problem. Now I can't even get one in mid August. He is offering to set me up with another surgeon in the dept after I see the nueorologist but I didn't want to have to explain all the other possible complications to a new doc. This is beginning to sound like Nelie's problems getting surgery scheduled. Glad it is only a stroke were are trying to prevent and not cancer. GRRRRR

Sorry for venting but I needed to blow some steam. Will keep you posted on this saga. Let's see how long it takes to get appointment with neurologist.

Take care,
Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I