Eileen, Aargh. I hate that attitude that when you need a procedure done, you should be infinitely flexible in when your apppointments happen and when the surgery happens.

I am running into the same thing with my two docs who will do (I hope) the coronoidectomy. The ENT said, over 3 weeks ago, he would coordinate things with the oral/maxilloficial surgeon but apparently nothing ahppoened for a weeek and 1/2 and then when his nurse finally tried (after I made several phone calls asking what was going on), the oral/maxillofacial guy was away on vacation. I was so ticked off. Anyway, that was last week, he is back now but still no news about when they might be able to schedule this surgery. I have been calling daily this week and hope to hear tomorrow (of course that's what I hoped yesterday). I've made it very clear that if it doesn't happen in the next couple of weeks, it won't be able to happen until next summer as I have to be back in the classroom (part time but still) the Thursday after Labor Day and there is a several week healing period. Then there's also the matter of the D&C my OB/GYN wants me to have. They've said that can wait 6-8 weeks so it can wait until I've healed from the coronoidectomy as long as it happens soon.

I had hoped I would get a date a few weeks in advance then be able to plan a vacation but instead I've been hanging around talking to doctor's receptionists every day. Oh well--I'm also getting a lot of gardening done and my garden needed it!

Anyway, sorry to turn this into my own whining but this is all to say I feel for you because I'm running into the same sort of stuff and it stinks.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"