I am fortunate that my doctors understand fibrosis caused by radiation damage. The last time I saw my MO he asked me if I needed any scripts but my GP has been pretty good about renewing my Valium and Codeine scripts. I usually just email her when I'm getting low and they mail it to the house (exception is the codeine -I have to pick that up at the hospital pharmacy due to federal regulations). Like Ed, I did try PT and attempted to train different muscle groups to take up the slack but it was unsuccessful. I believe that long ago I sent them some links about fibrosis and muscle damage from RT. Last time in they offered me Flexeril but I declined it as it is stronger than Valium and Valium works just fine. I can function just fine on Valium but Flexeril made me groggy and I would also get a hangover from it. I may attempt to extend my SSDI when it expires in October.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)