Hi everyone!

Update on Hayley - the ultrasound went well - and nothing was found! Hayley told me this morning that she felt for the lump and it had gone. Docs say couldn't really say for definate what it was but she is to carry on with the anti biotics and the CLEXANE injections. We are back at the hospital again tomorrow for PICC line flush and bloods to be done.

Hayley feels fine in herself, she is eating really well and maintaining weight - the only time she doesn't eat much is when she is going through chemo.

Her 3rd cycle of chemo starts Monday - till then, she has a busy schedule - tomorrow she is meeting up with another journalist from the local newspaper (4th article) and then on Saturday we have been invited to our local radio station to talk about her blog (www.kickingcancersarse.blogspot.com) and her cancer journey she is on right now - plus the fundraising occassion we are putting on (15th March 08) - to raise funds for the Chemo unit she attends. We want to raise awareness in the younsters that oral cancer is happening NOT just in the upper age ranges (trying to be polite here ) ;-)

My hubby and I are in the process of putting a website together for the fundraising event, for people to follow etc. Also, wonderful people have donated and have asked to be informed of the event so we thought it would be a good way for them to follow what's going on.

I hope it's ok to share this with you - I only really bacame aware of oral cancer because of my own daughter being diagnosed by it..and I so wished i'd of known symptons sooner so that we could of taken her to the doctor sooner, and it wouldn't have been advanced.

..it breaks my heart knowing that this is happening to my daughter, to all of you, and will be happening to others still. Evil disease - I can't do much but if I can help by making people aware then I will do what I can.

Smiles and thoughts coming your way,

Mandy :-)

Mother to Hayley 18, who was diagnosed on the 20th November 2007 with SSC /T4 Throat Cancer. Now in remission as from August 2008. smile