Update on todays meeting at Charing Cross Hospital, London.

After a 3 hr drive we eventually arrived at the hospital and didn't have long to be seen by Mr Sandu.

Hayley was told that they had looked at her CAT scan & MRI scan and that she wouldn't be having the laser surgery as the tumor is bigger than they originally thought. He asked her if she knew anything about grading the tumour (which she didn't but I had read up on this beforehand) - he said her tumor was a grade 3, possible 4. He explained that the tumor was attached to some cartlidge (sp)(which apparently, it had grown OUT from and not INTO).

So, my brave, positive daughter took all this news calmly and asked questions - like, what treatment would she be having - and she was told that she would be getting radiation.

He also arranged for an ultra sound today, which she had this afternoon - and that was to see if the cancer was attached to anything else. Hayley was told that the tumor was on the left side of the voice box and curled round some cartlidge (sp), like I mentioned above.

So, it looks like we may have to wait another 3 weeks until treatment starts - i'm worried about her having to wait that long. I asked if the cancer would grow more in that time, and MR Sandu said that waiting that amount of time should't make a difference. They said that before and to me the cancer has grown more.

I have seen such strength in my daughter whilst she is going through this - she even joked at one part when radiation was talked about, and she said at least she wouldn't have to go through getting a moustache and beard when she reaches her thirties (ladies, you understand this lol)

So, that's out update. I'm learning something new every day - and learning more from my daughter too.

I just wish the treatment started tomorrow.

Thank you Derek & Goose for your prayers and thoughts. :-)

Mother to Hayley 18, who was diagnosed on the 20th November 2007 with SSC /T4 Throat Cancer. Now in remission as from August 2008. smile