Well--yup--biopsy is over!
6 needles rammed in for local anaesthetic, really sorry about the nurse's fingers being broken!--LOL!--then I cried and shook--first time in 6 months!
Fortunately didn't feel a thing once I was numb, so now stitched up, very sore now 'local' has worn off--and adhesive dressing has trapped some hair--OUCH!
Biopsy marked 'urgent' so should get--via plastic surgeon-- to Oncologist for my next appt on jan 30th.
Don't think it will make too much difference pain-wise, so many other sites of pain--found 2 new lumps today as well--one more in front neck and large painful one in armpit--don't think there's a node in my body not involved--or won't be in the next few weeks!
MacMillan nurse coming Friday morning to evaluate pain and suggest options/dosing/changing to patch--am in enough of a state to be open to anything!
Thanks everyone for your concern!

Brenda

Brenda in UK--Diagnosis 30/5/07--undifferentiated carcinoma in right jawbone and muscles. Stage 4
6/7/07--new diagnosis primary is in lung. Finished 4cycles of palliative carboplatin/gemcitabine
therapy September 07
Now dying to live!