Sorry my time elasped during the edit...

1. I had all of dental work, even minor stuff done prior to Tx.
2. I had dental trays made and got a prescription flouride (same stuff they use). I did flouride treatments at home several times a week.
3. I use a "Water Pik" and also used a portable battery operated one on the road.
4. I use a "Perio-Aid" - A plastic curved tooth pick holder to clean the sides of the teeth that the floss can't reach.
5. I have my teeth cleaned 4 times a year (under the gums with ultrasonics) and also an industrial strength flouride treatment.
6. I used and still use Biotene toothpaste and used the mouthwash as well.

My dentist informs me that my gums and teeth are healthier than most of his regular patients.

It look a lot of work to do the maintenance when I was wracked out during the first 18 monthes post Tx but it was well worth it.

Because of the IMRT I have most of my salivary function back and it's much easier now.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)