Hi JAM,

Thank you for support. I felt a lot better after reading your post. I really needed a big hug and pat on the back today. I also send my support, a big hug and a pat on the back. Likewise I have been a caregiver two my wife for over a year since the diagnosis in January 2005. As caregivers, we understand the emotional and physical strains we undergo in tending to our loved ones because in addition we may jobs and or businesses to attend to.

For me it's been the hardest thing I have to do in my life. It takes a lot of strength, courage and patience to be a caregiver to a cancer patient. Plus a lot of their anger is directed to us so we have to take the brunt of it. My wife has fared better than I have but she is also a lot stronger than me. I have been there for her every step of the way.

We got alot of help from our children especially during the surgery and follow-up treatments, but they are grown and have their own lifes to take care of. They have been wonderful.

Again, thank you for the hug. I really appreciate it.

CG to wife;
Jan 2005 DX SCC Tongue T2N1MO; RND surgery Mar 2005; 35 XRT and 4 cisplatin completed Jul 2005.
Dec 2006 tongue surgery, Scar tissue no cancer.
Feb 2010 neck node FNA - negative.
2010 ORN right jaw plus fracture
2015 ORN left jaw plus fracture
Feb 2016 Lower jaw reconstruction by Fibula free flap+titanium plate - Permanent G-tube
June 2016 Difficulty breathing - Permanent Trachea tube
Dec 2019 DX Cervical cancer - Stage 1 - Surgery Jan 16 2020.
15-20 esophagus/larynx dilations