Ssax - Interesting article. It would seem that drinking alcohol must take another hit. I suppose we could say the same things about chlorine or ammonia or valium - they are hazardous to health.

Alcohol. Your body doesn't need it, or make it, or even have a good way to get rid of it. It is toxic to all human tissues and has a profoundly negative effect on all nerves and smooth muscles. Your body must stop doing healthy chemical processes in order to perform the detox needed to rid the system of alcohol - in any amount.

Alcohol, like all mood altering drugs, is used because it changes the way we feel. Its only benevolence is that of anesthesia. Its too expensive to drink for thirst reasons. It just feels good.

I was the clinical director for the local alcoholism treatment facility for 20+ years here. My favorite expression about drinking: "Alcohol. It makes you smart." Tom

SCC BOT, mets to neck, T4.
From 3/03: 10wks daily multi-drug chemo,
Then daily chemo with twice daily IMRT for 12 weeks - week on, week off. No surgery. New lung primary 12/07. Searching out tx options.