I know it has been some time since my last post. I hope this finds everyone doing well and staying positive! My husband Dan had a clear PET/CT done in April and all was clear!!!!! He has had an enlarged prostate for years, but although his PSA is still w/in normal bounds, the velocity of it's increase appeared to be a potential problem. So, on July 1st, I accompanied him for a prostate biopsy. The MD allowed me to stay in the room while the procedure was being done. They took 12 tissue samples, and it was NOT pleasant. Dan did well with it and returned to work. After work, he and I drove from NC to NY for his family reunion and to visit his mother who is 93 and in frail health herself. We returned to NC on Monday. On Tuesday, I discovered that Dan is having an affair with one of his subordinates and has left me for her. Cancer has spared Dan's life (so far anyway)but has killed my marriage. I was his sole caregiver during his illness/treatment/and recovery. I thought he was going to die at home on more than one occasion, but he somehow pulled through. But I still feel that cancer has played a huge role in this devastating event. I am crushed, not to mention humiliated and hurt beyond repair. Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening before? If so, is anyone familiar with, or have any knowledge of support groups for this type of cancer related incident?

Again, I hope everyone is doing well......each of you most certainly are, and will continue to be, in my thoughts daily.

Michelle G.

Michelle