I've read enough here on the OCF to realize that oral cancer patients need expert dental care. Prior to treatment I took your advice and had my teeth in perfect shape to begin. Now that I'm finished with treatment there are a couple of things I need looked at and a good cleaning.

My question here is, how does one go about finding a dentist that is aware of how to treat OC patients (along with the decrease in saliva and all those other issues we bring)? I would return to my previous dentist, but he and the partner seem to be on a sabbatical as I can only leave phone messages.

This leaves me to pursue the possibility of finding another dentist. I don't want to pick one out of the yellow pages. I spent time looking at the yellow pages but wonder if there's a dental referral service available to help us FIND dental care that will meet our needs. I do plan to ask my CCC for perhaps an idea on how to find a dentist, but I just really want to be sure that I find a professional that will keep in mind my dental treatment might need to be adjusted for someone who's had radiation and chemo.

Thanks...
Jen