To those of you who warned me of "false positives" I am hoping that you are right...

I got my results back this morning, and there are two "small suspicious" areas... one in a lymph node in the area that was treated with radiation... the other on the other side near my right molar...

The doctor of course said not to panic, that it could be inflamation, an infection or something like else benign. But it's suspicious enough they want me to come back ASAP for an MRI, which they say will help them get a better picture...

So, as Brian predicted, my nerves are in shambles. But as so many others have said, "It ain't cancer till they say it's cancer." so I'm hanging my hat on that big time right now...

Will keep everyone posted as we go along... Once again glad that this board exists...

Peace,
Eric

Tongue cancer (SCC), diagnosed Oct. 2003 (T2 N0 M0). Surgery to remove tumor. IMRT Radiation 30x in Dec 2003 - Jan. 2004. Recurrence lymph node - radical neck dissection June 2004. Second round of rad/chemo treatments ended Sept. 2004.