Hello all, tomorrow morning I have my first P.E.T. scan since I completed radiation in January. Wow, has it really been four months?

I originally had the test scheduled for July but my ENT said to go ahead and do it now "for my peace of mind." Well, right now I can tell you that my mind is OK but my stomach is in knots. I thought I was going to lose my lunch earlier today... And my wife is out of town... argg...

Like the day I originally found out I had cancer, this is a big benchmark. Either it's going to come back negative, and I'll continue the slow but upward healing process or it'll come back positive and... I don't even want to go there...

Here's hoping/praying I can stay completely still for 30 minutes straight tomorrow a.m... and that the results will come back positively negative...

Tongue cancer (SCC), diagnosed Oct. 2003 (T2 N0 M0). Surgery to remove tumor. IMRT Radiation 30x in Dec 2003 - Jan. 2004. Recurrence lymph node - radical neck dissection June 2004. Second round of rad/chemo treatments ended Sept. 2004.