Minniea I'm almost a year out from the first surgery/rad/chemo and still have tighness etc on the left side. Right side is less from the second go round, but for some reason that side has more issues with ears fullness feeling, ringing etc. Asked ENT about it, he blamed the radiaton/chemo. I think they dropped my on my head transferring me from operating table to bed.

Did you by chance have cisplatin for chemo? I did, and one of the side effects of cisplatin is it can cause ringing of the ears. Oncologist stopped the chemo immediatly after I told him I was having ear problems during treatment. The ear problems continue on and off.

Also still a little sore in the mouth at times. I don't expect that to ever go away fully. I have heard that because of the reduced saliva and dry mouth, the membranes in the mouth develop very fine cracks, much as dry skin would. Thus the cause of the pain with spicy foods. I used to be able to eat even the very spiciest of Thai food, etc, now, not any more.

So guessing what you are experiencing is normal for what ever passes as "normal" in this situation.
Bob S.

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.