I finished radiation on July 10th, 2003 and still have some issues that I worry if they are normal or not.........I probably worry enough for two people! Three months out I am still having pain in my ears, mostly my left ear. It seems to come and go and is a sharp pain at times and a feeling of "fullness" at other times. My neck on that side is also sore on that side along with my jawbone. One thing I have noticed is that I have gotten more active the past month and I wonder if I am using and turning my neck more now then I was before?? My neck was pretty tight and stiff until the past few weeks and now it seems to be getting better in that aspect. Anyone else experience any of this? I guess it scares me that ear pain is a symptom of oral cancer. I told my oncologist at my Sept. visit and he looked in my ears and said they were fine. I had a CAT scan done on Sept. 23rd and the results were clear.............6 months from surgery and all fine so far. Just wish some of these "odd" things would go away so I could maybe take just one nice, deep breath for the first time since April 1st when I was diagnosed. Any information would be much appreciated.

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.