My boyfriend has 13 radiation treatments left and 2 chemo treatments left. He quit! He says he can't take the stress, the sores in his mouth, not being able to eat (no feeding tube-he wouldn't get one) and all the nasty things that go with this treatment. He won't talk to me, he won't talk to the doctors, he won't ake any meds or see a therapist. He is so mean and nasty to me (which is ok, i know he's going through a lot) but i don't know what to do. How much do I push? How much do I back off? He is aware of the outcome of finishing treatment and not finishing treatment but he doesn't care. he said he feels like he's getting too much chemo and radiation and that he's sure the cancer is gone. I can only hope he is rite. George also has a blood clot in his leg and he is on coumadin and 2 injections of lovenox per day. This clot could kill him and he doesn't care. I asked him to let me bring him to the doctors just to address the blood clot and he told me that I woke him up, leave him alone and stop bothering him. he hasn't eaten anything in 3 days and maybe has had one cup or two of water.
Has anyone had this happen to someone they are caring for ? Did they come around? How do i know when it's time to call an ambulance to the hospital if he continues not to eat? i am desperate for any answers.
jayann--care giver to george with tonsil cancer