Here's a funny story that my older kids still laugh about.
When my daughter, Mercedes, was 2 (she's 13 now) we had 8 children living in our home. The neighbors took us to be crazy and bought into the stereotype that parents with lots of kids don't take care of their kids (my husband and I are two of the best parents I know).
I had bought my husband a pair of boxer shorts that were fashioned after the playboy bunny style, and he had these on this night. It was hot, he was laying on the couch and Mercedes was standing on his stomach hollering out the window that we had open. She could see out the window by standing on her daddy's belly. This was later at night, around 11pm, and some of our neighbors were taking a walk. They saw Mercedes in the window hollering but could not see my husband. Do you know these fools called the police and told them that we had left our toddler alone in the house? The doorbell rang, my husband in all his playboy finery answered the door (forgot what he had on!) and the cop simply looked at us dumbfounded. The look on my husbands face when it FINALLY dawned on him what he had on was priceless, lol. The cop left and we laughed for a long time. The next day, we taught our kids a little something about the proper time to fight back and "make a scene". First, my husband hand painted a HUGE sign that said "If you have a problem with how we raise our children come tell us about it" and planted it in the front yard. Then he typed up a flyer, printed up approx. 100 of them, and he and the kids hand delivered them door to door. The flyers said pretty much the same thing as the sign in the yard. The neighbors never did end up respecting us anymore then they did before though, our actions simply convinced them that we truly WERE crazy, lol. We moved a short time after that. I could write a book about funny stories with kids. Did I ever tell you the one about the NO PARKING sign?? You know, the one with the big red "P" in a red circle with a red line drawn through it. My grandaughter, Kayla, said to me, "Nana, see that sign..........it means "no peeing, it means you cannot pee in that spot, just like on our carpets at story time. You have to go to another spot without that sign." Comic relief, gotta love it.

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.