I really understand your what your dad is going through, I had a similar thing but spent the last 2 weeks in hospital due to being too weak through lack of food and the inability to manage.

I went and told the hospital to sort me out with food which came in the form of an NG tube and pain relief which came in the form of a syringe driver filled with morphine and anti sickness.

Now one month out of treatment I look back at those black days and cringe. Yesterday I took my 4 year old daughter to school for her first day. When faced with a wall I would look forward to the day of seeing days like yesterday which gave me heart and strength for the future.

Keep attacking its nearly at an end but get the Doctors to sort the pain out it does work and the mucus does go away.

Steeplechase

SCC Left tonsil removed, T1N2/3 May 2005, left radical neck dissection and wisdom tooth removed, 32 lymph nodes removed, 1 infected. 33 Fractions of RT, 2 doses of Cisplatin and a NG tube for 4 weeks! Treatment ended Mid August 2005.