Hi Nicki,

Congrats on Tom's progress! Sorry to hear about the side effects though. It is very important that you both realize that it will take time to feel better. I made the mistake of thinking that once it was over it was over. Boy was I wrong! I stopped fluid iv's and had my port removed against my doctors advise and it almost killed me.
Dehydration and infection are the two most critical issues you guys face now. keep in mind that he will not start feeling better for a little while yet. New years is my guess. He is my age (40-42) if I am not mistaken. I am not trying to bring you down, I just want you to understand what I didnt. The real frustration for me was the good days and bad days. He will start to have real good days and think he is out of the woods and then bam, he will have two or three bad days. That had to be the worst parts for me. I am a very impatient type "A" person.

Please dont hesitate to call or write Christine or myself if you have any questions.

Take it easy,
Robert,Christine,Alison,Robby,Tommy,Billy,and Scott Hamilton

SCC 1.6cm Right Tonsil 10/3/03, 1 Node 3cm, T1N2AM0, Tonsil Removed, Selective Neck Disection, 4 Wks Induction Chemo (Taxol,Cisplatin), 8 Weeks Chemo/Radiation (5FU,Hydroxyurea,Iressa), IMRT x 40, Treatment Complete 2/13/04.
41 Years Old At Diagnosis