Ladies, you have been such a big help through this!
I had hardly finished my post when I could hear Tom having problems. He had gotten sick as soon as he put some water in the feeding tube along with some liquid Colace. Unfortunately, the actions were violent enough to cause the stopper on the PEG to 'blow off.' Poor guy... how miserable he is, but he is being sooo good about it all. My heart does break and every time I hear anything when I'm not in the room with him, I drop everything to see if he needs me. I could never be a nurse!
I was getting really scared when he'd start talking about weird things.....I asked him one morning how he was feeling, and he kind of looked past me and said, "The pages are turning." He also said something about having enough "British pounds to pay for it." Never did find out what 'it' was, and why we needed pounds! I think it was the Roxicet that he was taking for the break-through pain causing the fuzzy brain.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has totally lost track of time - can't believe October is almost gone! I generally have most all of my Christmas shopping done by now........but this won't be a regular Christmas, will it? I do believe I'll have everyone who wants to give us gifts make a donation to this foundation! smile

Thanks for your support smile I think I'll go to bed now - - tomorrow will be here too soon.
Nicki

Nicki, wife of Thomas
dx July 2004, SCC, Stage 4 Tonsil. Tx begun 8/4/04. Cisplatin/Xeloda x 4; IMRT 7 wks, 8/7 - 10/25/04 Modified Radical Dissection (right), Selective Dissection (Left) 12/10/04.