Hello, my friends.
I have been missing everyone - just too drained to spend any time here. I might catch a minute to read a new post or two, but I have had no energy to respond.
Tom took a bad turn last week - extremely weak/constant vomiting/horrid constipation despite ALL efforts. He had trouble walking, meds were messing with his mind and causing him to twitch. All in all, it has been a very bad time. He's in for daily fluid/med infusions along with the radiation - - and we have ONLY 2 DAYS left of the radiation! I can't wait to NOT drive to UVA, despite the lovely display of turning foliage on the way down!
He will more than likely continue to need fluids, but we can do that locally.
During the past 2 days he has begun to 'eat' again. We are up to 4 cans of Jevity a day...sometime he can't keep them down, but at least he has the willingness to try! His weight is down to 128, his color is horrible, and he looks about 15 years older than he did this summer. I have moments of total sadness come over me...........and then I remember how wonderful it will be when he is well again.

We are planning on a week of R&R at my brother's NC beach house.......just the change of venue will be awesome.

Love you all......never a day goes by that I'm not thinking of you and praying for your collective good health...special prayers for those of you in 'immediate' situations! smile
Nicki

Nicki, wife of Thomas
dx July 2004, SCC, Stage 4 Tonsil. Tx begun 8/4/04. Cisplatin/Xeloda x 4; IMRT 7 wks, 8/7 - 10/25/04 Modified Radical Dissection (right), Selective Dissection (Left) 12/10/04.