Gary & Minnie,

Thank you for your responses. I really think my mom is pushing herself and doesn't realize how much the radiation is taking away from her. She is pretty fatigued and has developed quite a few sores on her extremely red face and neck but it hasn't stopped her from walks on the beach with my sister and talking on the phone with me nightly. Even when I insist that I should let her go because it might be hurting her to talk she just wants to stay on the phone and chat. This last week of radiation has got to be the worst. She is so sick of the 45 minute appointments and the horrible mask. The past couple days they started to X-ray her after the radiation treatments. Does anybody know why they do this??????

She is so tired of the appointments and has been feeling sick to her stomach after the treatments now. She actually got sick on Monday and threw up that must have been horrible. Why do you think she is getting sick????? So far she has lost about 20 pounds. She is 5'8 and weighs 147 right now so the doctors are still not too concerned but I am because I know she is barely drinking 1 can of boost plus a day. Yesterday she actually ate some soup and cottage cheese because she lost 3 pounds in one day and the doctor expects her to drink 5-6 cans of Boost Plus so she has been forcing herself to eat. She says its not that it hurts (the pain medication is taking the pain away) but that she has no desire to drink anything because she has not appetite and no taste. She has now discovered the constipation thing you all talked about and we had a good laugh about it last night. After I had my baby in September I had the same problem so I could totally relate.

Anyways just wanted to update you all and ask those few questions. 28 down 2 to go. She is thrilled that she only has two sessions left. I never thought these 6 weeks would end.....

Thank you all for your support and suggestions.

Danielle

Originally joined OCF on 12/12/03 as DaniO or Danijams
Dani-Mom SCC BOT & floor of mouth surgery-recur then surgery/rads & chemo completed 3/04
surgery 11/06 to remove dead bone & replace jaw w/ leg bone & titanium plate