PEGS can be fun, and amuse the occasional onlooker. I had mine inserted a couple weeks prior to starting treatment and from day one was pouring in as much as I could stand. I am not positive, but I think it was removed about a month or so post treatment.

I modified the input process a bit. I got some large 60cc syringes. I removed the piston/plunger, attached an adaptor to the PEG to handle the two different sizes, inserted the tip of the syringe into the adaptor and then free poured my Ensure into the syringe. When finished "eating" I flushed it with as much water as I could then handle to clean it.

As stated above, she will need to be acutely aware of the potential lessen in fluid dynamics should a need to hurl, a cough or even the hicups should occur. It only takes one time to realize the amount of force the abdomenal muscles can exert on the fluid in ones stomach.

Please tell her to eat, eat, eat and when she is full eat come more now while she is feeling reasonably well. She will not regret it in the least.

Bill

No love, no friendship can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. - Francois Mauriac

Thank you for leaving your mark.