I had cisplatin once a week during radiation, they'd put in the line and draw blood, then while the test was running I'd go for rad, then do the chemo, which was a combo of several drugs, some for anti nausea, the Cisplatin, plus a LOT of saline to keep my kidneys flushed. Drink LOTS of water, they wanted me to pass about a liter the day of chemo. Lasted about 6-7 hours, I read, slept, ate hospital food ordered down from the cafeteria (which should have made me nauseous all on it's own) I didn't have nausea from the chemo, maybe a little sour stomach the day after, but nothing that would be considered major.

Second time around I had to stop after 4 treatments, started to affect my hearing. When I reported that to the oncologist he stopped treatments, figured I had enough anyway.

Everyone reacts differently, but go ahead and bring snacks, drinks, for sure a book. Just eat mild foods afterward, not so spicy and you should do fine.
Bob

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.