Jen,

I didn't have chemo, but I did have radiation. In my case, it started 8 weeks after surgery (6 after I left the hospital). "Food" wasn't an option for me, so I drank Nutren 2.0. It's 500 calories in a can the size of Ensure (200 calories). No presecition required, but not usually on the shelf. I ordered it from the pharmacist by the case (24 cans) and got it cheaper than Ensure.

As for snacks, you betcha. Your hubby will need them to keep his head on straight. Maybe others can let you know what you will need.

Another thing, tell hubby that the next few weeks are going to be hard, but you can handle it. (I know you can handle it.) Tell him you may get tired, and sore and cranky. It will help him deal with it.

Ken

P.S. When I started radiation treatments, I found out that I am claustrophobic. Not a good thing given the mask and all. I found out that music got me through the rad sessions. The doc chewed out his staff on one occasion for leaving the radio on. I told him it was necessary and suggested he do some research into audio analgesia. It turns out that "your music" (whatever that is) is like a drug.

SCCA T2N1M0 diagnosed 11/02, radical neck dissection, 7 weeks radiation, 6 surgeries to deal with osteonecrosis, 10 weeks hyperbaric oxygen. "Live strong. Laugh often."