Thanks, everyone, for the encouragement. I had more set-up X-rays today and am sporting some cool purple magic-marker lines on my neck. I've been getting some strange looks for sure as my wife and I run errands around Phoenix... wonder why?

My doc said he felt really good about my plan (33 days, possibly 36 if my skin holds up OK) when we talked today. He went to extraordinary measures to spare my spinal cord any more radiation as well as my esophogus. He told me basically, it doesn't get any better than this with it being so aggressive. I feel as good as you're going to feel about these things.

I plan on bringing a CD player/radio and trying to listen to AM sports radio (if you can pick it up in those type of rooms), music, books on CD, whatever. I've just got to keep my mind occupied... Otherwise, it goes south on me and I start freaking out needlessly (like the first couple of times last time around when I pictured the radiation machine being "The Emperor" from Star Wars, zapping me with his blue rays -- long story)...

Prayer, of course, will be part of the routine before, during and after. God and I are getting well-acquainted these days...

Blessings to all of you -- I'll be available for autographs after my marathon sessions... haha...

Tongue cancer (SCC), diagnosed Oct. 2003 (T2 N0 M0). Surgery to remove tumor. IMRT Radiation 30x in Dec 2003 - Jan. 2004. Recurrence lymph node - radical neck dissection June 2004. Second round of rad/chemo treatments ended Sept. 2004.