I'm all set to go with round two of radiation this Monday. We're also adding Cisplatin chemo to the mix, starting Monday as well (in three week intervals 2-3x).

Most of my anxiety has been over the chemo, as the docs say my IMRT radiation shouldn't be as tough this time because they're not zapping my mouth or esophogus. Reading Lance Armstrong's book this week really fired me up, but I had the wind taken out of my sails this afternoon.

The radiation oncologist talked to my wife and said my new plan will feature 54 stops, and I'll be on the table for an hour each day!! Acck!!!!!

I certainly wasn't prepared for that. My first plan last winter took about 12-15 minutes a day, and only featured seven stops. That was plenty tough, and took a lot of mental energy just to get through that.

How on earth am I going to stay completely still, my head locked into suffocating plastic mask, for a whole hour? Did anyone else have such a complex IMRT plan? Any tips on how to "pass the time" while on the table? They better let me bring CDs or something into the room...

Sorry to whine. This, too, shall pass. But I had to share the shock with someone...

Tongue cancer (SCC), diagnosed Oct. 2003 (T2 N0 M0). Surgery to remove tumor. IMRT Radiation 30x in Dec 2003 - Jan. 2004. Recurrence lymph node - radical neck dissection June 2004. Second round of rad/chemo treatments ended Sept. 2004.