Sweety: Welcome. I noticed this was only your second posting, so welcome. My chemo was intravenious, not orally. Didn't even know oral was available. What Gary said is right, though, what matters is surviving the disease. Hair loss, vomiting, all of the side effects will go away. As long as the disease goes away, all will be well. Confusion and lack of memory with doctors is also very common. Take someone with you to get it right or you'll end up doing the wrong things to fight the disease. I found that the radiation was a lot worse than the chemo, also. So hang in there as treatment progresses. Hopefully, you are at a cancer center. It is important to get the best, most up to date treatments and cancer centers specialize in this disease. I depended on my caregiver (wife) to get all of this straight. I didn't even want to know what was coming. I would deal with it as it came and not have to anticipate what was coming. Thank God for my wife. She took care of me and kept me on the right path. Do you have a caregiver? If not, perhaps a relative can help. I certainly needed it. As Gary also mentioned, we can be more helpful if you let us know what the details of your cancer are. Stage, location, etc. Don't sweat the small stuff is what my Dad taught me, and losing hair or getting sick to your stomach is small compared to some things. Hang in there.

Regards, Kirk Georgia
Stage IV, T1N2aM0, right tonsil primary, Tonsilectomy 11/03, 35 rad/3cisplatin chemo, right neck dissection 1/04 - 5/04.