First go around I had one session of chemo each week concurrent with the radiation treatment, Cisplatin being the drug of choice.

Started with blood test and Saline drip, an anti-nausia drug, one other that I can't remember but hurt like heck if they put it in too fast, then the Cisplatin, then more saline, and another drug. All in all my treatment about 5-6 hours. Would go in for the morning rad treatment, then to the chemo session, then afterward back for the second rad treatment. First few weeks no big side effects, nausea or such. For some reason I did manage to have a very healty appetite the night of the chemo treatment. Didn't feel too good the day after, but that only lasted for a day also.

During treatment, read, shot the bull with the nurse, napped.

Second time around I had apparently reached my limit of cisplatin, had to stop after three treatments, bothering my hearing. Chemo in my case used in addition to radiotherapy to help the radiation do it's job.
Bob

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.